Thursday, May 27, 2010

Prescription: Laziness

I am sitting on the futon, feet propped up, being lazy as directed by my doctor. No, really, she said, "My prescription for you is laziness." I've had some swelling (mostly in my feet/ankles) and higher blood pressure lately, and this morning I woke up with a puffy face and puffy fingers, so I called my ob/gyn and she told me I was to stay off my feet as much as possible until my next appointment on Wednesday and to watch out for any other symptoms of preeclampsia. Already I am itching to get to the dishes and the laundry and the clutter and everything else that I've been neglecting around the house (due to being too tired from work, childbirth classes, AquaMoms classes, etc.), but if it's in Evan's best interest to sit around watching TV and reading all day, I guess I'll have to sacrifice!

The good news is, my doctor gave me permission to attend my cousin LynnAnn's wedding on Saturday as long as I sit a lot. I assured her that it's a Baptist wedding -- there won't be any dancing. (Will there, LynnAnn? If there is, I don't mind -- I'm a Presbyterian now -- but I won't be participating.) :o)

Speaking of Evan, his heartbeat is good and he is exactly the right size. I will have an ultrasound on Wednesday to check on his position. In the meantime, I am going to be lying around monitoring my blood pressure. Feel free to call!

1 comment:

  1. woo hoo for Presbyterians! That made me laugh! :-)

    ReplyDelete