Saturday, January 19, 2013

More of a Complaint than a Book Review, But There You Go

The Madness Underneath (Shades of London, #2)The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Oh, Maureen Johnson, I love you and your quirky heroines but you have fallen prey to that all-too-common and maddening middle book syndrome that YA seems particularly susceptible to: the second book is just a placeholder in (what I assume will be) a trilogy, and the ending isn't a cliffhanger so much as it isn't an ending at all. I feel like I got dropped off in the middle of the story and now I can't get back in until the next book is published, which I'm guessing is in 2015. Sigh.

*Thanks to the publisher for providing an ARC through NetGally.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment