Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Brief Book Review: The Long Awakening

The Long Awakening, a memoirThe Long Awakening, a memoir by Lindsey O'Connor
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was an interesting glimpse into a situation most of us (hopefully) won't find ourselves in: a long coma with a long recovery. What precipitated the coma was childbirth -- a uterine rupture and massive blood loss. This hit a little too close to home for me, but I am thankful that I didn't suffer to the extent that the author did. What I really appreciated about her account was her admission that even though so many who prayed for her consider her recovery a miracle, she isn't sure of the "meaning" of it all.

View all my reviews

*Thanks to the publisher for providing an ecopy for review through NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment