Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Last Time I'll Mention Breastfeeding on My Blog, I Promise!

So the goat's rue didn't help...I just finished a pumping session and got 1/2 an ounce. I've decided to wean. (Can you wean a pump?) I keep getting plugged ducts, which seems ridiculous since I can't imagine what they could be plugged with -- it's not like I'm making milk!

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. I feel sad that Evan will have to be exclusively formula-fed from now on, but, as my ob/gyn said, I gave it the "college try." She assured me that this experience doesn't mean that I'll have the same problems with my next baby. So I will continue to thank the Lord for sparing my life and Evan's, and enjoy giving him his bottles. (He gazes adoringly at anyone who feeds him.)

And someone did tell me about "Milkshare," where women donate their extra breast milk, but I just can't imagine taking breast milk from someone I don't know. It is a bodily fluid, after all! So I did my research on formula choices, and Parent's Choice Organic it is!

4 comments:

  1. so glad you're settled on your decision! i had a hard time deciding on eden to be bottle fed and not drink straight from the tap but once i made the decision final it all worked much smoother because we weren't in limbo anymore. way to go mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I could give you the milk I left at the NIICU! Of course it is still bodily fluid...and I understand your reluctance there. I tried to donate it to a milk bank and they couldn't take it because I had taken Ibuprofen at some point while pumping. :( I'm seriously impressed with the lengths you went to for your little man! Talk about fortitude. Amazing!
    Love you, dear friend!
    Amy O.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Amys! Amy O., I wouldn't hesitate to take your milk...it's just strangers I'm reluctant about! And Amy T., I really hope the herbs work for you. I sure respect what you are doing for Eden -- I know how much work it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved feeding him a bottle. This will give me another chance. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete