Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Loving My Top-Loader

So it's really hard for me to pinpoint my favorite feature of our new home. Pantry? Closet space? Did I mention Evan has his own bedroom? Definitely in the running is the washing machine, which is an old-school (though fairly new) top-loader. Not only does that mean shorter cycle times, it also means less rinses since it uses enough water in the first place to get the soap rinsed out of Evan's cloth diapers. Plus, it has a much larger capacity since it's not a space-saver.

At the condo, I had a front-loader. Shortest cycle (delicates): one hour and three minutes. And that didn't include extra rinses (another 21 minutes each); I did three or four for each load of diapers.

All this means I am spending waaaay less time doing laundry. Which, in turn, means I really should have time to start exercising regularly again.

I'll get back to you on that.

P.S. We'll be back to your regularly-scheduled book reviews soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment