Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Cloth Diaper Review: The bumGenius Freetime

So I have tried a bazillion cloth diapers.  (Okay, maybe not quite that many, but I'd say at least 20 different brands/types.)  And I have a new favorite: the bumGenius Freetime.

The Freetime is a very unique All-in-One.  (An AIO means NO stuffing, which I have really come to appreciate now that I have two in cloth and am doing diaper laundry every day to day and a half.)  Pockets made up most of my stash before Ben was born, but I've been branching out and I now have to say that, though I love the ability to customize (i.e. stuff and overstuff many different things into) pocket diapers, AIOs are sooo much easier. 

The Freetime has two microfiber flaps topped with a stay-dry fabric.  You can customize the absorbency of the flaps by folding them in different combinations or you can just leave them as is.  And with the Freetime, all I have to do to make it an overnight diaper is layer a couple of Hemp Babies doublers under each of the flaps. So easy!  Another bonus: the drying time is much faster than most AIOs I've tried.

So if you're in the market to try one of the easiest cloth diapers out there, check out the bumGenius.  And, for two more weeks, there is a buy 5 get 1 free sale, which makes them a little over $15 apiece - a very decent price on a great diaper!  My favorite place to buy online (fast, free shipping) is Sweetbottoms Baby Boutique, or you can always shop local at The Little Seedling in Ann Arbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment