Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Babymoon's Over...



...but the honeymoon is still in full swing.

Just kidding. Mike slept on the futon last night because my newly-acquired third-trimester snoring was keeping him awake. Apparently, I am swollen everywhere, including inside my nose! (See photo for reference. This is my size compared to the size of a Japanese van the Lodge keeps on the grounds.)


Anyway, I promised a Babymoon update. It was very nice. I'd definitely recommend the Lodge -- very pretty, good food, soft towels, lots of surrounding nature (Mike was thrilled by a wild turkey spotting), and a great price. The only drawback is that it really is in the middle of nowhere. It's about an hour to Traverse City, but we didn't bother. I did make the one-mile hike around the lake, and I think Mike was impressed by how slow and breathless I was. ;o)

I did read two books which I will review in my next post. I'm off to my doctor's appointment now to check in on Evan. I dread stepping on the scale!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, you're looking so cute Laurie! Really! I don't think you *look* swollen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so adorable all prego! Glad you had a nice time.

    Amy O.

    ReplyDelete