Friday, April 2, 2010

Strep Throat

For the first time in my life I have strep throat! After all these years working with kids...guess it's true that your immunity is down when you're pregnant! Thankfully, I don't have a fever (it could be dangerous to the baby) and within 24 hours I won't be contagious anymore, so I won't miss out on Easter Sunday with church and family. But in the meantime I am laying low. I'll take it as an opportunity to catch up on my reading. Now, my question is: could Mike have had strep last week when he had a fever for a few days? His throat wasn't sore but the lymph nodes on his neck were swollen (as mine are).

When I called my ob/gyn with news of my sore throat, she told me to go to a CVS MinuteClinic and ask for a strep test. It was great -- I waited for about 3 minutes and the NP was very nice. I just had to pay my co-pay and they will bill my insurance. I guess there are only 11 MinuteClinics in Michigan, but I would definitely go the next time I have a UTI or something similar. Very convenient.

Well, enough about me. I wish you all a blessed Resurrection Sunday! Christ is risen -- He is risen indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment