Thursday, January 20, 2011

Scaredy-Cat



My sweet Evan is scared of a lot of things. Strangers who get too close. Loud noises -- the blender, the garbage disposal, the vacuum. (I've solved this one by avoiding housework in general. Okay, not really. Although I must admit it's been way too long since I've vacuumed...Well, you don't want me to traumatize the poor child, do you?) And now he's scared of:
The Munchkin inflatable duck tub, pictured above.
He doesn't mind taking showers with Mike, and he wasn't afraid of a bath in my parents' tub, but apparently this duck is just too much. The first time we put him in it he screamed bloody murder. Right now it's sitting on the bathroom floor and every time I take him in there, he eyes it warily. I know he will love splashing in the water once he gets used to it, but I don't want to terrorize him in the meantime. And I'm afraid to give him a bath in our tub without it because we have one of those sliding door tubs and access to both sides of the tub is limited. And I hate to buy another inflatable tub because this is the second one I've bought; the first one (another brand) refused to inflate. Any ideas?




No comments:

Post a Comment