Monday, June 13, 2011

Migraines, Anyone?

Any migraine sufferers out there? I've been one since my first migraine hit when I was in 3rd grade. However, many of you know that a few years ago I took part in a clinical trial exploring the connection between migraines and a common, often undetected heart defect called patent foramen ovale (PFO). To make a long story short, I was one of the "roll-in" patients for this area, so I knew for sure that I got the PFO closure device when I went to St. Joe's for my catheterization procedure. Unfortunately, due to lack of money, the trial was shut down soon after that. Though I still get the occasional migraine, I don't get nearly as many as I used to. I believe that closing my PFO eliminated one of my triggers. The jury is still out, but the research is promising.

Lately I've been seeing ads on TV for a similar trial. Just thought I'd mention it, so if you'd like more information, go to http://www.premiumtrial.com.

And if you'd like to hear more about my experience with the procedure, I'm happy to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment